Friday, February 02, 2007

The mystery of the mind.

Assalamu alaykum
.
Just came back from work (feet ache ow!)... was just contemplating on today's every adventurous day at the place I work (I work in retail part time!... scary!).
.
It was a bit weird today (more so then usual), as I was working I hear whispers of my name being mentioned, I look up and hear it again..hmm I think whats this about... I make eye contact she looks down then up and says in a sheepish voice, oh we were just saying that we're going to hell, you'll be going to heaven! HUH??!?!?? whats this, I have been given my book in my right hand by a couple of my work colleagues!?! Ya Allah! As I think of it now it would have been an ideal opportunity for da'wah, but my mind was spinning.. I was thinking a million things in my head, how can someone say that they will be going to HELL and just laugh it off and at the same time recognise that someone else would be going to heaven yet seemingly not give a second thought.
.
Yes its obvious - I walk into work head to toe in black flowing material whilst the others,.. well lets just say no one notices me compared to them! (Alhamdulilah!) - its obvious I am a Muslim, but what is it that people recognise the good in us that yes there may be a point to wearing 'all that material' and praying every break time, there actually may be a reason why men don't treat me like they treat the other girls at work. But yet where does this thought process lead? What conclusion do they make... I wounder what goes on in their minds...
.
The same day brought conversations of "how strict my parents were" when they spoke about boyfriends! Ya Allah give me strength! In a typical manner I just turned the question around, and after a while said that "I'm probably more strict then my parents!" That did it, the look on their faces as they say "you can have a boyfriend but you choose not too" WOW!!!! That wasnt the case, but they choose to think that. They actually said if I like men and "do you go for them"... hmm wounder what they are trying to imply! :O
.
Needless to say I couldn't wait to get out of that conversation, khair, it was a busy day and Allah took me out of that. Alhamdulilah.
.
As I sit here I wounder how next to approach them to give em the dawah power treatment :D. Its strange though because some people its really easy to give the message to but with others it just feels there is no hope and I just feel I cant get through to them.
.
The mystery of the mind, May Allah guide them, Oh Turner of hearts give mercy upon those who You have guided and create softness and love for Your deen in those hearts who You deem to be worthy.
.
Ah I have to revise got an exam tomorrow on "Drops of Dew", glimpses of my notes and thought coming soon Inshallah!
.
Til next time.. keep on deenin'
.
wassalam

No comments: